The I CAN Network is officially five years old!
A message from I CAN Network Founder and Chief Enabler, Chris Varney.
Thank you for your support! The I CAN Network is now officially five-years-old.
It is incredibly humbling to see how our network has grown from the story of one determined Mum (my Mum, Lisa) and a trio of three Autistic graduates: myself, Penny Robinson and James Ong. In our five years of operation we have employed 34 Autistics to deliver 113 mentoring programs to 1,608 Autistics aged 8-50+ so that they can feel proud of their Autism, a sense of belonging and are confident and optimistic about their future.
You can view this video which shows the impact we have achieved in our five years.
The vision of I CAN Network is a world that benefits from embracing Autism.
We have four strategic goals:
- To grow a sustainable social enterprise with a 50% Autistic team
- To ignite a movement to drive a nation-wide rethink of Autism
- To build a national mentoring program by and for Autistics
- To partner with organisations who are ready to leverage the strengths of Autism
In our immediate future, we will be implementing the below strategic initiatives:
- Creation of a formalised mentor traineeship program
- Phased expansion of our online mentoring programs
- Phased expansion of our individual mentoring pilot
- Pilot of an I CAN Schools subscription, to complement our existing school program
- Creation of an award for school staff who embrace Autistic students: ‘Horvath Wake Medal’
Our successes would not have been possible without you.
If you would like to help us power our mission, we invite you to make a tax deductible donation via www.icannetwork.com.au/donate. Every bit helps and we are so grateful for your support.
Here’s to the next five years of I CAN Network!